Williamson County Luncheon Meeting
Annual Employment Law Update: Buckle up, 2020 May Be Another Bumpy Ride for HR Professionals
Presented by Fred Bissinger, Regional Managing Member, Wimberly Lawson
What employment law challenges will HR face in 2020? Get a front row seat at our annual MTSHRM employment law update to get all the scoop. Topics to be covered include:
Don’t miss this informative session which will include many more tips, tools, and legal rules for the new year.
- New federal and state laws will be examined and tips will be provided to make compliance easier.
- Changes to handbook policies, hiring practices, and training that may arise from the Supreme Court’s much anticipated LGBTQ discrimination ruling will be analyzed.
- Payroll challenges brought about by new W-4 forms and Leap Year will be reviewed and options provided for best practices
- Department of Labor proposed changes to FMLA forms will be explored in anticipation of the final forms being released in 2020
Schedule: Doors open at 11:00 am for registration and networking. Buffet lunch begins at 11:20 am, and the presentation starts promptly at 12:00 noon.
- Members: $28 by end of business Monday, January 13, $38 afterwards.*
- Future Members: $43 by end of business Monday, January 13, $53 afterwards.* (See below)**
- MT|SHRM Students: $14 by end of business Monday, January 13, $19 afterwards.*
Live Streaming Option:
- We are introducing a live streaming option in 2020, and are offering the 1st live stream FREE of charge!
*On-line registration will close by end of business 2 days prior to the event. Our ability to accommodate walk-in registrations will be based on space availability.
|This program has been awarded 1 hour of General recertification credit. "MT|SHRM is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDC's) for the SHRM-CP and SHRM SCP. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit."||
Please thank our sponsor for making this event possible:
Biography: Fredrick J. Bissinger is Regional Managing Member of the Nashville, Tennessee office of the firm, which he joined in 1999. His law practice includes an emphasis in handling employment discrimination and wrongful discharge matters at both the administrative level and in Federal and State Court litigation. His practice also includes an emphasis on ADA and FMLA compliance, as well as general liability matters. He received his Bachelor of Science, cum laude, in Economics from Washington & Lee University and his law degree from the Seton Hall University School of Law. Prior to entering private practice, Fred served in the United States Navy Judge Advocate General Corps from 1993-1997. He is a member of the Tennessee Bar Association. Fred has an AV Preeminent® Rating - which is the highest possible rating given by Martindale-Hubbell, the leading independent attorney rating entity - and he is also listed in The Best Lawyers in America® in the fields of Employment Law/Management and Litigation/Labor & Employment. Fred received the Tennessee SHRM Human Resource Management Excellence Award in 2018. He served as the 2010-2011 Legislative Chair and 2012-2013 Legal Advisor for the Middle Tennessee Society for Human Resource Management. He also served as the 2012-2013 Diversity and Inclusion Committee Co-Chair for the Tennessee Society for Human Resource Management, and the 2015-2016 Diversity and Inclusion Director for the Middle Tennessee Society for Human Resource Management. Fred is currently serving a third term as the Legislative Chair for the Tennessee Society for Human Resource Management (2017-2019).
$38.00 MT|SHRM Member Ticket
$28.00 Earlybird rate before January 14
$53.00 Future Members
$43.00 Earlybird rate before January 14
$19.00 MT|SHRM Student Ticket
$14.00 Earlybird rate before January 14