Wilson County Breakfast Meeting
Annual Employment Law Update: Buckle up, 2020 May Be Another Bumpy Ride for HR Professionals
Presented by Kim Vance, Shareholder, Baker Donelson
What employment law challenges will HR face in 2020? Get a front row seat at our annual MTSHRM employment law update to get all the scoop. Topics to be covered include:
Don’t miss this informative session which will include many more tips, tools, and legal rules for the new year.
- New federal and state laws will be examined and tips will be provided to make compliance easier.
- Changes to handbook policies, hiring practices, and training that may arise from the Supreme Court’s much anticipated LGBTQ discrimination ruling will be analyzed.
- Payroll challenges brought about by new W-4 forms and Leap Year will be reviewed and options provided for best practices
- Department of Labor proposed changes to FMLA forms will be explored in anticipation of the final forms being released in 2020
Schedule: Doors open at 7:15 am for registration, networking and Buffet breakfast. The presentation starts promptly at 8:00 am.
- Members: $18 by end of business Monday, January 6, $28 afterwards.*
- Future Members: $29 by end of business Monday, January 6, $39 afterwards.* (See below)**
- MT|SHRM Students: $9 by end of business Monday, January 6, $15 afterwards.*
*On-line registration will close by end of business 2 days prior to the event. Our ability to accommodate walk-in registrations will be based on space availability.
|This program has been awarded 1 hour of General recertification credit. "MT|SHRM is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDC's) for the SHRM-CP and SHRM SCP. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by the HR Certification Institute of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met the HR Certification Institute's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit."||
Please thank our sponsor for making this event possible:
Biography: Ms. Vance is a shareholder in the Labor & Employment Group at Baker Donelson's Nashville office. "Kim Vance has a 'very broad knowledge' of labor and employment law and is lauded for her 'hands-on' experience. She has extensive experience in HR and management training, in addition to noteworthy litigation experience." Chambers USA: America's Leading Business Lawyers 2018 "Kim Vance is described by sources as 'a terrific problem solver.' She is noted for her impressive counseling and defense of management teams before the EEOC and the Tennessee Human Rights Commission." Chambers USA: America's Leading Business Lawyers 2013 Ms. Vance "is commended for her breadth of experience and impressive client base." Chambers USA: America's Leading Business Lawyers 2012.
$28.00 MT|SHRM Member Ticket
$18.00 Earlybird rate before January 7
$39.00 Future Members
$29.00 Earlybird rate before January 7
$15.00 MT|SHRM Student Ticket
$9.00 Earlybird rate before January 7